Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Its the small things you do....

The thing about thinking greener is, it really is a state of mind and a way of life, just a total awareness.  It means that everything that we do, the thought goes through my head 'Is there a better way of doing this?', 'Can I use less?', 'Do we really need this?'

From when looking for a job making sure I could walk to work, buying a car that was incredibly fuel efficient (and no its not a hybrid!), being a 1 car family, saying no to plastic bags!  (If you can carry it to the checkout, why do you then need a plastic bag to take it to the car?!)  Hanging the laundry outside and not using the dryer, not using the heated towel rail for more than is needed, composting, worm farming, living very close to amenities so I can walk with the pram, the list is endless!  In every way if we can just stop for a moment and be aware of what we are doing and aware that there may be a better, greener and cheaper way.

Not long ago I read an article saying that we (as in the world) have 100 months to make changes to the way we do things before there is no turning back, we will have damaged this earth to the point of devastation (its actually down to 74 months now).  And remember there is no Planet B, this is it!  You have choices every single day, will you be uninformed or lazy or think that what I do won't count or will you think about small changes you can make?

I know what I'm going to do!  I hope you'll join me......

Here is the link for 100months.org with some great ideas.

http://www.onehundredmonths.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment