Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What you don't know about your favourite brand of Pawpaw Ointment.......

This is a great lesson on what is not on the outside packaging.  A very popular Pawpaw Ointment that I used all the time was in a red tube or pot.  What I didn't know was the main ingredient apart from Pawpaw was petroleum jelly which is a petrochemical, as there was nothing on the outside label to state this.  If you have a jar at home take a quick look at it!

I have used Pawpaw Ointment for chapped lips, nappy rash and eczema, its also recommended for cuts, grazes and dry and cracked skin.  Now how many nurses or doctors have told you that the ointment in the red tube is great for nappyrash? I'm sure it is, but I will do all I can to avoid putting a petrochemical on my baby.  As soon as I found this out, I made it my mission to find an alternative with either vegetable or nut base, and I found a great one!

Look for a product called Phytocare Papaya Ointment (previously called Pure Neutraceuticals Pawpaw Ointment)  Its in a black tube, and comes in 2 handy sizes 30g and 100g.

Phytocare contains 48% Papaya, also known as Pawpaw and has a far higher percentage of Pawpaw than the red tube. It also contains Calandula Flower extract in a base of Shea Butter, Macadamia Seed Oil and Vitamin E with an absolutely divine fragrance derived from Coconut. They have just reformulated it so it goes on really smoothly and squeezes out of the tube easily.  So not only does it smell delicious it is way better for you than the red version.

This is a product I will stock at Rejuvenate 30g tube will be $10.00 and the 100g tube will be $19.50

No comments:

Post a Comment