Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What to do with the leftover bread?

I always keep my old bread crusts save them up and wizz them through the food processor into nice fine crumbs.

I then put them all in a re-sealable bag (which I top up every time with the new lot) and pop it into the freezer.  We use breadcrumbs as a coating for Tuna Cakes, in Rissoles and Meatloaf (along with LSA).  These are way better than the bought ones, I checked out the ingredients of bought breadcrumbs and there's way more in there than there should be or you would expect.

Just remember, when at the supermarket, check the ingredients - you would be surprised where MSG aka Flavour Enhancer 621 pops up - especially in your kids food!  Just be aware and on the look out, don't expect it not to be in there and the biggest culprit are rice crackers!

No comments:

Post a Comment